Student Scholarship: $500
Educator Scholarship: $500
Further your tap dance training, inspire your tap choreography and invigorate your practice. $500 will be awarded to a promising tap dance student and an inspiring tap dance educator!
Application deadline: February 15, 2017.
Tap student scholarship criteria: You must be an amateur or semi-professional tap student aged 15-25, not earning more than $5,000 a year through dance. You must be member of the West Coast Tap Dance Collective.
Tap student application content:
- Name, address, phone number, and birthdate, plus name and email address of a parent or guardian (if under 18 years of age).
- Brief description of your dance training and history (Or dance resume).
- Brief description of what you would use the scholarship funds for.
- In 1 or 2 paragraphs answer this question: What are your goals in tap and how will this scholarship help you to achieve them?
- Letter of reference from a dance teacher.
*Note: scholarship money is to be used for training OUTSIDE of your regular tap classes. It can be used for workshops, master classes or additional training. Scholarship money must be spent by May 2018. Short-listed applicants will be notified by March 1, 2017 and will be invited to an audition consisting of a tap workshop and a performance of a short solo piece. Audition will take place in May, 2017 – exact date and location to be announced. Scholarship winner will be presented at The West Coast Tap Dance Collective’s annual Tap Day celebration in May 2017.
Tap Educator Scholarship criteria: You must be a dance teacher currently teaching tap, with 3 years or more of tap teaching experience, plus earning more than $5,000 per year as a dance teacher. You must also be a member of the West Coast Tap Dance Collective.
Tap Educator Application content:
- Name, address, phone number, email address and birthdate.
- Current resume.
- Details of what you would use the scholarship funds for. (Please include links to websites for courses).
- A one-page document explaining your future goals in tap dance and how this scholarship and chosen training would affect your teaching, and help you reach your goals.
- Two letters of reference from people who know your work as a tap teacher.
You will be notified by email as to the success of your application by March 30, 2017. All applicants will be invited to a tap workshop hosted by West Coast Tap in May. (Date to be announced). Scholarship winner will be invited to The West Coast Tap Dance Collective’s annual Tap Day celebrations in May 2017.
February 15, 2017
Send your application to West Coast Tap by email or mail.
(Please use ‘scholarship’ in the subject line).
West Coast Tap
PO Box 72095